This can Serve 2 – 3 People and it takes only 10-15 minutes to prepare it.
Ingredients for Tikki Base:
Bread. Choice of bread is yours, white/multi-grain or wheat bread. I used multi-grain bread.
Ingredients for Aloo-Masala :
- 2 boiled Potatoes
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt (As per taste)
- Red Chilli powder
- Garam Masala Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Small Size Tomato (Finely chopped)
- Small Size Cucumber (Finely Chopped)
- Small Size Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Sev (Plain Bhujia – say Haldiram/Bikaji)
- Salt to sprinkle
Steps to Prepare Aloo Masala:
- Mesh boiled potatoes in a bowl
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder and Garam Masala
- Mix well so that spices spread evenly in the mixture
Now Let’s get started…
- Cut bread slice with the help of a small sharp-edge bowl so that the corners are removed properly (you can give any shape you wish; I used a bowl for round shaped Tikki).
- Now on one side of round bread slice; spread Aloo Masala with spoon. (Make sure that it spreads evenly on the surface).
- Spread some ghee on Nonstick pan or tawa and place the bread slice onto it with aloo masala side touching the pan.
- On the other side of bread slice, spread some Yougurt/curd with the help of spoon.
- Cover it with any lid for about 2 minutes.
- Now take it off the pan and place it in a plate as now its time to add toppings.
- Spread finely chopped cucumber, tomato and onion on the yogurt-side.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste.
- Spread Tomato ketchup on the topping.
- Sprinkle some Sev.
- Aloo Bread Tikki Is ready to be served.
Hope you all will like it. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.