The best thing anyone would want in this scorching heat, is a chilling drink that would reach down to their stomach and make them feel refreshed. And given the most of us are Mango lovers, what can be better than a homemade Aam Panna.
This recipe serves 8 to 10 medium size glasses. It takes about half an hour to prepare this.
- 1 kairi (Green Mango) – medium size
- Black salt
- Cumin powder
- Mint leaves (optional , My recipe includes mint leaves)
How to make the Aam Panna preserve:
- Boil Kairi in pressure cooker (upto 3-4 whistles) such that it can be easily peeled off later.
- Remove the mango seed, add sugar to mango pulp (quantity of sugar is equal to mango pulp quantity)
- Add about 15 to 20 mint leaves.
- Grind it in a mixer till the formation of a smooth paste.
- You can store this preserve in a glass bottle for about one week if placed in refrigerator.
- Take about 2 teaspoons of preserve in a glass and add cold water to it.
- Sprinkle Black salt and cumin powder according to taste.
- Garnish with Mint leaves and serve cold.
ENJOY THE DRINK!!!
Note: You can add more sugar to the pulp while grinding for pronounced sweet taste