None of the Indian festivals are celebrated without sweets. One of them is Besan Mawa barfi, which is quite easy to make at home. And it takes about 30 minutes to prepare it.
What you need to gather before you start is:
1) Gram Flour(Besan)- 1 Bowl
2) Powdered sugar – 3/4 bowl
3) Khoya/Mawa – 1/2 bowl
4) Milk – 1/4 bowl
5) Dry fruits – Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios(Optional)
6) Cardamom Powder
7) Desi Ghee ( 2- 3 tablespoon)
Once you have everything ready, you can begin:
1) Add about 2-3 tablespoon of desi ghee in a pan.
2) Add Cardamom powder followed by besan.
3) Roast till it turns light brown.
4) Now add mawa to it, roast on a light flame till the color changes to golden brown and the material starts to leave the sides of the pan.
5) Now add powdered sugar and milk to it.
6) After 2-3 minutes turn off the flame.
7) Spread this whole mixture on a greased paper or butter paper. Garnish with finely chopped dry fruits.
8) Leave it for few hours so that it cools down completely. Cut into the desired shape.