Bedmi puri is a famous breakfast in Uttar Pradesh, India. If you’ve already had the normal Aloo-puri, this one is a good variation you may want to try.
- 1/2 bowl urad dal soaked in water overnight and then sieved
- 1 & 1/2 bowl wheat flour
- 1 tbsp semolina(sooji/rava)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1” piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida(heeng)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder(dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- salt as per taste
- oil for frying
- Grind urad dal, green chillies and ginger together to form a fine paste and keep aside.(You can use about 1/4th cup water for grinding but don’t use in excess)
- In a large bowl take wheat flour, semolina, oil and mix well.
- Now add the paste and all spices to the bowl.
- Mix well to form a dough (you can add little water if you face difficulty in kneading. Dough should not be very hard or very soft) and keep it covered for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Now make small size balls out of it and roll into pooris (Pooris should not be very thin. Also you can take help of oil for greasing if dough seems sticky)
- Fry them till golden brown and serve hot with Aloo sabji.
Don’t make it wait 🙂