Normal potato cutlets can be high in calorie. A slight variation in the ingredients can really reduce the calories and add another flavor to cutlets. Introducing Soya Cutlets…
You can start with:
- 1 bowl soya chunks (soaked in warm water for about half hour and then grinded till coarse mixture)
- 1 boiled and meshed medium size potato
- 2-3 tbsps bread crumbs(white/brown)
- 1 tbsp gram flour(besan)
- 1-2 medium size finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilly
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- salt – as per taste
* quantity of spices may vary as per your taste
It’s quite easy to prepare now.
- Mix well all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Using this mixture make any shape cutlets (oval/round/any other using cookie cutter)
- Once you are done with all cutlets, fry them in oil on medium flame, till they turn golden brown and serve hot with tomato or green chutney.
If you are want even less calories, you can avoid deep frying. Go for shallow fry in a pan.