Khaman Dhokla is mainly a Gujaratis dish but is liked in almost every part of the country. Dhokla are very light and easy to prepare. So, here I bring the yummy Dhokla recipe. Do try 🙂
This recipe serves 2 – 3 people
1. Gram flour( besan) – 1/2 medium size bowl
2. Semolina ( sooji/rawa) – 3/4 medium size bowl
3. Salt – 3/4 tsp
4. Oil – 2 tsps
5. Eno – 1 tsp
6. Sugar – 1/2 tsp
7. Lemon – 1/2 small size
8. Curd – 1 small bowl and water can be added to form batter
1. 2- 3 long sliced green chilly
2. Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
3. 10 – 15 Curry leaves
4. 2 tbsp oil
5. 1 tbsp sugar
6. 1 cup water
To start with:
-> Mix all the ingredients for batter together except Eno and keep aside for about an hour.
-> After an hour, grease the plate or bowl in which you are going to prepare dhokla properly with oil.
-> Now add Eno into the batter . Stir well , put the batter into the plate, place it in steamer and steam for about 10-12 minutes on a medium flame.
-> To check the doneness, insert a knife and if it comes out clean , the dhokla is done. If the knife has batter on it, then you need to steam for some more time.
-> Once its done, take the plate out of steamer and let it cool for 5 – 10 mins.
-> Now cut this into pieces.
Tempering for Dhokla:
1) In a small pan, heat oil.
2) Add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
3) When mustard seeds start crackling, add curry leaves, long sliced green chilly .
4) Then add water and sugar to it and let it boil.
5) Spread this tempering mixture evenly on Dhokla and serve with green or red chutney.
This is how it looks…
Photo Credits: Rajat Chamria