Kheer is one of the most popular desserts in India, which is on the menu in almost every house during festivals. The good thing is that it is very easy to prepare and does not demand any special cooking skills. So let’s experience the sweetness of Rice Kheer.
Milk- 1 litre
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Dry fruits(soaked in water for about an hour) –
- cashew 4 – 5
- Raisins- 15- 20
- Almonds- 3 -4
Basmati Rice – 1 tbsp (soaked in water for about half an hour)
To being with:
1) Heat milk in container and let it reach the boiling point
2) Meanwhile rinse the rice soaked in water and keep aside.
3) Once the milk is boiled, simmer the flame and add rice, Cardamom powder to it.
4) Let it cook on a medium flame for an hour.
5) When the Kheer is thickened as you desired; add raisins, chopped cashews, almonds and sugar to it.
6) Keep stirring as rice may stick to the bottom of the container.
7) Continue stirring for 5 mins and turn off the flame.
8) Kheer can be served hot or chilled (after keeping in refrigerator) according to taste.
Note: you can also add Kesar to the Kheer along with Dry fruits.
Photo Credits: Rajat Chamria