Rabri is another popular North Indian sweet which is prepared from milk. Easy to make at home, but it is time taking recipe. So let’s satiate our taste buds with delicious homemade Rabri.
This recipe serves two.
- 1 Kg milk (Full Cream, though I used toned milk as full cream was not availabe)
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Long and thin sliced Almonds, Pistachios and Cashews
- Saffron/Kesar strands
- Sugar – ½ bowl (small size bowl)
To start with:
- Take a Kadai(thick bottomed base vessel), pour milk into it and put it in on high flame till it boils.
- As soon as the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and add cardamom powder to it.
- Let the milk simmer on a low flame. Keep stirring in between so that milk does not stick to the bottom of the Kadai.
- Once the milk is somewhat thickened (reduces to ¼ of the original quantity, it may take 2 hours), add Sugar, Kesar to it and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Now turn off the flame.
- Garnish Rabri with dry fruits.
SERVE HOT OR COLD.
- Kadai should be thick bottomed because a thin base can burn its walls.
- After adding sugar, rabri should be continuously stirred as it can stick to kadai.
Photo Credits: Rajat Chamria